Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time management, hmm...

Not only has the weather been super uncooperative this week, but random things keep popping up that prevent my successful workouts.
Schoolwork should definitely be at least *started* on the weekends, as I was up until 2:15am last night reading the deceitfully short papers and their massive 40-page supplementary materials. It's not hard and it's actually interesting, but making sure I can explain it all just takes a long time. And lots of writing. And at least one dead highlighter per paper/supp info. Why do highlighters run out so fast? Anyway.
Previously agreed-to friend meetings should be *written down* when I schedule them, so I don't have ridiculous grandiose plans on how I'm going to run, finish my schoolwork and get to bed on time (yeah, right...), then get an email reminding me of the 8:30pm dinner at Habu Sushi (which was delicious, btw, good company and I saw Andrew Zimmern from Bizarre Foods!).
My knees have in general been fine, but yesterday I noticed that they were swelling a bit. It was exactly like before when extra joint fluid collected in my knee area. I would sit for a while, and then when I got up, I could feel it all swooshing down to collect under my patella. Didn't hurt, but it felt like... stretched. Yeah, gross. However, this morning, all seems well, so maybe it just needs a little movement because it started happening when I wasn't running consecutive days (Tuesday, Wednesday). So if anyone has any advice on how to deal with/prevent extra joint fluid from collecting in various body cavities, e.g. herbals or certain exercises, I would appreciate it. It's vaguely annoying and they feel like overfilled balloons when I bend them. Hopefully it doesn't become too much of a problem, but I'm glad it went away this morning.

Tonight is class, then I'm probably going to run with The Beast again because he was frisky this morning. Most of the ice was washed away in the rain yesterday (mm, delicious) so the sidewalks are pretty stable. I'll be getting home at around 7:30pm, a little late to do an actual longer distance run, but at least I can get the heart pumping and get Chewie some exercise, too. Then it's early to bed for me!

Btw... THE SUN IS OUT. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment