Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weird perception.

The weather yesterday was that sort of wetness in the air that made you feel stupid for using an umbrella because it wasn't actually raining, but if you didn't use one, you'd get wet. We went out at around 3:00pm, me in the regular clothes plus baseball cap to keep the mist off my face. I led the way and we ran that same 2.6 mile loop up to 85th and 5th and down around 70th and back. I had run this on Thursday and felt really good. This time didn't feel so great. The entire time I was entertaining fantasies of stopping to rest, and my pace felt really slow, so I was kind of disappointed... until we got to the end and checked the time. 20:54!!! This is about an 8:45 pace, and Adam had looked at the watch about halfway through and the last leg had been an 8:30 pace. Sooo when I thought I was going slower, I was actually going much, much faster. That's why it felt so crappy.
Now just have to do that for... 8 miles. Ya, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment